After enjoying your routine juice .... now what? It seems such a waste to just throw out the left overs. So we have included some helpful tips as the pulp can add flavour and fiber to many of your favourite dishes. Such things can include: vegetable burgers, muffins, cakes, home-made ice cream and sorbets, soups, spaghetti meatballs, and lasagne.
If you don’t have time to use the pulp immediately, you can put this in your freezer but we do advise us a resealable bag. Some of the nutritional value is lost when freezing, most of the fibre will still remain.
Alternatively you can always add your pulp to your compost and give this nutrients back to your garden to re reused. It is the most natural and green idea to help your garden flourish.
After trying some of our recipes I would encourage you to try your own recipes. Perfect for kids who are not really massive fruit and vegetable fans and they don't even need to know.... shhhh!
At Vitality 4 Life a constant question asked is "What can I do so I don't waste any of the produce I juice?" With this in mind, we have compiled a small collection of ideas and recipes to add to your collection.
Everybody loves burgers, but we all know that they can be quite unhealthy for us and our families. This recipe is so simple and quick to make, anyone could do it. Using the left over pulp from your juicer is a great way of adding extra fiber and nutrients to your family's meal. For those who like to experiment, try adding various spices to make your burger patties full of eastern flavours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix the added vegetables over medium heat in the olive oil.
- Mix pulp with the heated vegetables and add flaxseed/water mixture in a bowl.
- mould the mixture into burger shapes.
- Place veggie burgers in baking dish.
- Sprinkle Nutritional Yeast over the veggie burgers then place on a baking tray.
- Cook until golden brown (approx 15 min)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chip shapes
- Put the sweet potato chips into a large bowl and add the oil.
- Add the salt, sugar and smoked paprika. Mix well to coat the chips in the flavour.
- Lay the chips on a baking tray
- Bake for a total of 25 to 30 minutes, remove and turn the chips then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
Apples and pears are a great source of fiber and the pulp is great for making muffins. Although apple pulp is quite dry there is still enough moisture in pear pulp to keep the mixture moist in the oven. This recipe is so delicious and nutritious and is full of fresh fragrances.Try adding walnuts to the mixture for those who like a more fruit and nut flavour.
- Mix the apple and pear pulp with the honey, eggs, vanilla, oil, and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients. Pour into muffin cups or greased muffin tins until it is ¾ full.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees
We all know cream cheese purchased at grocery stores now comes with added flavours such as mango or chives. But what you are really eating is artificial flavours and colours. Why not try making your own at home with this simple recipe. You can use a variety of juicer pulp, try using mango, chives, stwaberries or even tomatoes. This recipe only uses two ingredients and is perfect for a delicious snack or as a sandwich filling.
- Spread it onto a tortilla or on a roll.
Pulp can be used to make excellent stocks for soups. This recipe can be used to fight off any flu and warm the coldest body in winter. Minestrone Soup is a favourite among the Vitality 4 Life team, and after long debate we nailed it down to this recipe. Take full advantage of the pulps rich fiber and nutrients and try adding some spice to heat up the recipe.
- Lightly Chop the onion and garlic
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium, then add the onion and garlic... cook until golden brown.
- Include the juicer pulp and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and mixed herbs.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked kidney beans and pasta.
- Remain on heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste if necessary.
Our pets need nutrients and wholesome foods to keep healthy as well. Many pets are overweight and this recipe can help them maintain a balanced healthy diet. This is not only good for there health but saves you money from buying treats. So your juice is not only loved by you but your pet as well.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on non-stick baking tray.
- Score into 1-inch squares.
- Using the BioChef Dehydrator, dehydrate at 145* for 1 hour, reduce heat to 115 and continue to dry until completely dry, flipping once during dehydration. Approximately 12-14 hours.
- Makes two trays.
✓ Latest Model Oscar Juicer ✓ 3 Step Auger Crushing System ✓ BPA Free 'Ultem Tough' parts ✓ Pulp Adjustment Nozzle ✓ Make nut milk, dips, pesto, sorbets, extrude pasta and noodles ✓ Best juicer for Leafy Greens, Celery and Wheatgrass ✓ 20 year warranty on motor and 10 years on parts