Following Vitality 4 Life's healthy eating plan, you can tranform your raw foods into a healthy porridge using a cold press juice extractor. Porridge reminds us of cold winter days, a hearty meal and an open fire. Oats sustain in the cold and the choice of fruit to add is yours to make. We have used bananas in this recipe becuase they are an essential addition to any raw food diet.
1 ½ cups oats
slice of ginger
4-5 dried apricots
3 tbsp raisins
for sweetening if needed use 2 tsp honey
Machine set up:
• First place the Living Juicer Mincing Strainer into the drum and onto the screw. Attach the drum cap onto the end of the drum by turning it counter clockwise until you feel it sits firmly. Then screw the Mincing Nozzle onto the drum cap turning it counter clockwise onto notch 2.
• Place a big bowl under the machines Pulp Discharge Outlet in order to catch the paste.
• Always be sure to start the machine before you enter anything into the Guide and keep the machine running until finished.
• Soak the oats for 5 hours then rinse them
• Alternate putting the oats, the slice of ginger, banana and papaya through the guide
• Pour into bowls and garnish with raisins and honey
Preparation time: 8 min
Yields: 2 serves
Be careful with the ginger. Start with a really small slice, you may even juice the ginger separately and use the juice as a seasoning. The ginger adds a wonderfully spicy taste to the dish when you find your own taste. You can warm up the porridge if it’s particularly chilly outside by putting it in the oven at 40 degrees for ½ hour.
Tip: use the BioChef Arizona Food Dehydrator to dry your own fruit